Sunday, September 22, 2013

Don't be a Grindr Queen

Most of you have at this point have realized I am a gay guy, I know shocking right? Well as a gay man it is difficult to meet new people sometimes, so of course in this technological age we live in, there is now an app for that! Well there are a bunch of apps, but I am going to talk about one, maybe two of them in this post. The best known gay app on the market right now is Grindr. I describe it as Gaydar for your phone. Before I go into this topic further I would like to tell you how I was introduced to this delightful app.

One night about two years ago I was drunk(which is how all the best stories start), and was chatting with a good friend of mine, who shall remain nameless at the moment, told me about this crazy app a friend of hers had that showed all the gay men in the area. Me being the fabulously drunk that I am, decided that this was the coolest thing ever, and I had to have it! Thus started the nightmare that is Grindr. Don't get me wrong, being able to be a total creeper with my phone, and seeing all of the 'momos in the area is great, what is not so great is the Grindr Queens. Of course me being the awesome person I am, I have taken the liberty off taking screen shots of the better conversations I have had on this app in the past 6 months.



First is the creeper.

Like really dude? You decide to growl at me? Oh, Ok cause that makes me want to rip my pants off and jump you... Just no. Don't growl at people, that is just rude.


Then there is the creative request for a hook-up. Which is totes not my style, but props for creativity. Still a creeper tho...


Yea... No. Thanks for all of your details, but I am 26 y/o and not looking for sex. I state that right in the 140 character bio. Thanks for being illiterate.


Congrats, you realize that my profile pic is of me in my uniform at work. But if you are trying for witty, at least get your drink order correct. K thanks.

Then there are the guys who don't get a hint...


Or this little Gem...
Really? You're at Walmart, cause that turns me on even more then usual... Rednecks and poverty are my biggest turn ons....


Yes, I am in a fraternity. I would not say I was, if I wasn't actually in one... Ask stupid questions expect bitchy snarky responses.


Grindr queens are not just on Grindr! Here is a creeper on Scruff for your viewing pleasures as well.


Despite all of these little Gems I have received in the past 6 months, I must say occasionally I do meet some really interesting people who are not total creepers on this App, and have actually met a few in person. One I even considered dating!

The biggest reason I have not deleted this app yet is mostly because I love reading all the crazy shit people send me, because I get drunk and read them to my roommates. We have a grand old time reading these pathetic notes and judge you for not being able to read my profile, mostly because you are so enthralled by my beauty. If you took the time to read my actual profile you would be warned that I would do this, so really its your fault. But thank you Grindr Queens of the world, you keep me laughing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment